
So, since Tyler began crawling at 7 months of age, he has become WAY more out of control! It's hard to keep him in just one place and he wants to always explore. His current favorite pastimes are playing in Maggie's water bowl, grabbing dirt out of the plant pot and trying to play with the toilet seat - all very exciting for a little boy (everyone keeps telling me that I'm in more trouble when he starts walking, but I don't really see the difference!!). Anyways, it's hard to keep him occupied with one activity without getting bored within minutes. But, I think I may have found the trick. He was very curious this morning when I was getting stuff out of the fridge to make breakfast and wanted to see what was in there. He spent about 15 minutes pulling things out (I made sure that the eggs weren't in reach!) and then I would just put things back for him to yank them out all over again. Now, 15 minutes may not seem like a long time to those of you without kids, but it's an eternity for me if I am able to get something productive done like make myself a meal!! So, here's Tyler, REALLY enjoying his new activity - I may regret this next month when the power bill comes back tripled because the refrigerator can't keep cool with the door wide open, but for now, I'll treasure my time! :)
He looks like he's having fun!
ReplyDelete